October 11, 1997
Elliston Place -
[Crowd sings Happy Birthday to Todd]
I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] > Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
Hey Hey My My [Neil Young]
Once He Finds Us
My Generation, Part 2
Late Last Night > [Feeling old story]
I Believe You
[Alright Guy opening]
That's Alright Mama [The Beatles]
Alright Guy > Walk on the Wild Side [Lou Reed]
Great Balls of Fire [Jerry Lee Lewis]
Amarillo By Morning [George Strait]
Street Fighting Man [Rolling Stones]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: Tape flip during Late Last Night.
Todd's 31st birthday. Nervous Wrecks show with Dan Baird (guitar), Ross Rice (piano), Paul Buchignani (drums), and Joe Mariencheck (bass). Todd's back on that mission of "executing each and every last arena rock cliché in existence." Another great drums and harmonica version of Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues. Before the end of Late Last Night, Todd tells a story of going to visit the doctor ("I felt old. I was about to put on a damn sweater.") That's Alright Mama performed in honor of Todd's birthday. During Walk on the Wild Side, Todd attempts an Elvis impression but ends up sounding more like Butthead (as in Beavis & Butthead) -- he rebounds with an excellent crowd hyper: "Put your hands in the air. While you at it, ya'll can go ahead and wave 'em like you just don't care. Now, somebody scream." Ross Rice follows up with The Roof is on Fire ("At this point, we either play Welcome to the Jungle or we get the fuck out of here.").
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
On Late Last Night:
- "Space Needle, Eddie fuckin' Vedder, Al Bunetta."
- "It knocked them out. They said we sounded just like Neil McCoy. He said, 'But wait a minute. We can't record a record with no songs on it.' And I said, 'Dude, I went to this party one time with this chick that knew this other guy that had a friend that was there and he knew Eddie fuckin' Vedder.'" He said, 'Oh, you're signed to the label.'"
- "...pack the van. We're movin' back to Fairview."
On Alright Guy:
- "I don't wanna hear about this Lilith 'Flair' Tour."
- "...new book with pictures of Garth Brooks naked..."
- "I know I get wild, I know I get drunk. But it ain't like I'm biting of Evandar Holyfield's ear..."