September 10, 2000
Iota Cafe -
Elmo & Henry
Betty Was Black (Willie Was White)
You Think You Know Somebody
[Missing You story]
Beer Run > The Road Goes on Forever [Robert Earl Keen]
[Devil's Backbone Tavern story]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan]
Easy Money > Sympathy for the Devil [Rolling Stones]
Late Last Night
[My Generation story]
My Generation, Part 2
Happy To Be Here
All My Life
Going Down the Road Feeling Bad [Woody Guthrie]
You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd [Roger Miller]
Illegal Smile [John Prine]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: Digital noise during Late Last Night.
Timothy Bracken opened this show. Following Beer Run, Todd talks about his folder method for keeping track of what he plays at his shows. The end of Beer Run contains a touch of the Road Goes on Forever by Robert Earl Keen. Timothy Bracken joins Todd for Going Down the Road Feeling Bad.
On Alright Guy:
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "...new book with all those pictures of Jimmy Buffett naked..."
- "I know I'm dirty and I know me and my friend Garth Brooks have been smokin' some dope."
- "Eddie Vedder, Space needle...lots of pretty little Italian chicks."
- "...go follow Timothy Bracken around."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...that, and homosexuals in the military. About any kind of military we want to get together scares me."
- "I don't get out much since O.J.'s been on."