July 14, 2001
Sam's Club Ribfest -
St. Louis, MO
[Just in Case story]
Just in Case
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
All My Life
[Seattle Grunge Rock story]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] >
Talking New York [Bob Dylan]
Illegal Smile [John Prine]
- Setlist - Michelle Boswell (disregard ticket stub in photo)
MEDIA: 1 CDR
NOTES: Begins a few words into the first line of Can't Complain. Some pretty significant crowd chatter on this recording.
The crowd didn't seem to be paying much attention to Todd's performance. This show includes one of the earliest recordings where Todd uses the line "This is a song I learned off the Grateful Dead" while he tunes his guitar ("Tune In"). Todd used this line again in St. Louis almost four years later.
On Beer Run:
On Sideshow Blues:
- "All we need is a ten and a fiver, we'll get a case of cold Budweiser."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "It's hard to kick the door down when you ain't wearin' no shoes."
On Alright Guy:
- "...shave off these goatees, pack up the van, move out to St. Louis and be like Chuck Berry."
- "I know I'm dirty and I know one time for medicinal purposes I smoked some dope. That's blows my chance I've got of being president...ah maybe I can be the president but I'll never be the pope. I know I get wild, I know I'm half-drunk..."