November 30, 2001
Iron Horse -
[Statistician's Blues story]
[Devil's Backbone Tavern story]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
[Meeting Will Kimbrough story]
Late Last Night
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
My Generation, Part 2
Moondawg's Tavern > [Digger Dave story]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] >
Talkin' New York [Bob Dylan]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
NOTES: The recording begins with Waco Moon already in progress. I'm unsure what was played prior to that.
There is a very good chance that this setlist is incomplete. Most likely, at least a few songs were played before Waco Moon. Todd tells a great story about meeting Will Kimbrough in a coat closet at a fancy party.
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
On Sideshow Blues:
- "...singing my songs for tips and beers...mostly beers."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "It's hard to kick the door down when you ain't wearin' no shoes."
On Alright Guy:
- "Space needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki."
- "..shave off these goatees, pack up the van, move out here and see if we can't get a job following ?? around."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "One time for medicinal purposes they forced me to smoke some dope. Which means I could probably still be the president but I'll never get to be the pope."
- "I ain't been out much since O.J.'s been on."