March 15, 2002
Off Broadway -
St. Louis, MO
You Think You Know Somebody
All My Life
[Statistician's Blues story]
Plastic Girl [Kent Finlay]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern > Alice's Restaurant [Arlo Guthrie]
[Late Last Night story]
Late Last Night
My Generation, Part 2
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Far Away Eyes [Rolling Stones]
[Digger Dave story]
Illegal Smile [John Prine]
Doublewide Blues > Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw [Jimmy Buffett]
School Day [Chuck Berry]Encore:
That Was Me
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: Some minor crackles and pops are present throughout this recording. Disc 2 starts with My Generation, Part 2 in progress.
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
- "The talk about abortion. They talk about homosexuals in the military.....and interns."
On Sideshow Blues:
- "Singing my songs for tips and beers...mostly beers."
On Alright Guy:
- "It's hard to kick the door down when you ain't wearin' no shoes."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "One time for medicinal purposes they forced me to smoke some dope. Which means I could probably still be the president but I'll never get to be the pope. I know I get wild. Sometimes I get drunk..."
- "I don't get out much since O.J.'s been on."