June 30, 2003
Mystic Theatre -
Tension > That's Amore [Dean Martin]
Betty Was Black (Willie Was White)
[Aaron Allan story]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
All My Life
[Tillamook County story]
Tillamook County Jail
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Waco Moon > Old Chunk of Coal [Billy Joe Shaver]
[Frazier, Tennessee story]
Fish and Whistle [John Prine]
[15 minutes story]
Comes a Time [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: Guitar cuts in and out of the recording - especially during Tension
This show includes a pretty lenghty version of the Moondawg's Tavern story. Fish and Whistle played on the madonlin.
On Doublewide Blues:
- "People still love drugs. I mean some of ya'll California people anyway."
- "Republicans. That's what scares people these days. That...and democrats."
On Alright Guy:
- "Don't get out much since O.J.'s been on."
- "...that new book with all those pictures of Jimmy Buffett naked..."
- "One time, for medicinal purposes, my doctor forced me to smoke some dope. Which means I could probably still be the president and at this rate I could maybe even be the pope. I know I get wild, I know I showed up drunk..."
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to get out of the car."