June 5, 2004
Wild Iris Folk Festival -
Betty Was Black (Willie Was White)
[Statistician's Blues story]
This Land is Our Land
[45 Miles story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Aaron Allen story]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
[15 minutes story]
Tension > Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
MEDIA: 1 CDR
SCREENSHOTS: IMAGE 1 | IMAGE 2 | IMAGE 3 | IMAGE 4
Todd experiences a few technical difficulties at the very beginning of the show. Language and story content is toned down a bit for the "family friendly" environment. During the "15 Minutes story" Todd leaves out a few four-letter words: "That's not the first thing I've toned down for you. I'm not even supposed to be up yet." As Three Little Birds comes to an end: "We can't have a folk festival with a sing-a-long. What would Joan Baez say?"
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
- "Now he gets all kinds of chicks.
- "It's not gonna be because Eminem gets to say dirty words in his songs."
On Easy Money:
- "Come over and sit down, you little idiot. I've got something you need to hear."
On Alright Guy:
- "She stepped in for some cigs and she never ever saw him again."
On Sideshow Blues:
- "I know I'm dirty and a lot of my songs I probably shouldn't sing in the afternoon in front of a bunch of kids. It ain't like...I don't know what rhymes with 'kids' so I'll just wing it instead of cussing in front of your children."
- "I'm out in the tent with all these freaks and musicians. Out here at the Wild Iris Folk Festival with all you freaks and musicians."
- "It's a circus out here Booneville and your baby got them...."
- "People still dig drugs. I've been off of them this afternoon."