November 4, 2004
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Judge Judy story]
This Land is Our Land
[Seattle Grunge Rock/Chicago story]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
Keep Off the Grass
Late Last Night
[Conservative Christian... intro]
Betty Was Black (Willie Was White)
[Vinyl Records/music festival story]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
[Train Song intro]
Play a Train Song
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Josh Larson
NOTES: Sound levels fluctuate a bit early on.
After D.B. Cooper, Todd warns the crowd, "I've been taking karate so I don't want any shit from any of you fuckin' frat boys." Todd adjusted the lyrics to Age Like Wine (see below) likely in response to a previous visit to Philadelphia where he left the stage after playing only a few songs. Rocket Fuel played on the mandolin.
On Age Like Wine:
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "...when compared to this show which I'm hoping will be better than the last one you saw."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "Now he gets, like, all the chicks."
On Alright Guy:
- "...shave off these goatees, pack up the van. I'm gonna go down to California and buy myself a horse. I'm gonna ride it out into the desert. I'm gonna name that motherfucker. I don't care how hot it is."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...new book with all them pictures of Jimmy Buffett naked..."
- "I don't get out much since O.J.'s been on."