December 10, 2004
Canal Street Tavern -
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
[Vinyl Records/Music festival story]
Play a Train Song
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Seattle Grunge Rock/Chicago story]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
This Land Is Our Land > Can't You See [Marshall Tucker Band]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
Late Last Night
All My Life
[Conservative Christian intro]
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: SBD->Sony MD->Adobe Audition->WAV->CDR
TAPER: Aaron Wevodau
Will Kimbrough opened this show and played guitar during Todd's set. A marriage proposal in the crowd takes place at the beginning of the encore.The crowd keeps yelling at Todd to tell stories throughout the show -- at one point Todd responds that he's got a "fuckload of them." During Beer Run, Todd encourages the crowd: "Don't be afraid to sing out like it's church." This show includes a great intro to Conservative Christian...: "This is one I don't like to play until it's almost time to go and I know that nobody's gonna have enough time to assault me physically in any way.....I didn't mean to come up with this song to offend anybody, I was trying to point out that there was maybe gonna be more than just two of us in the world. But I was also trying to point out that I really like porn a lot, too. So this one is pretty deep."Will Kimbrough's opening set included: Piece of Work, Wicked Angela, Mr. Lee, This Modern World, Champion of the World, Godsend, Diamond in a Garbage Can, Betty Was Black (Willie Was White), I Don't Have a Gun, Yo Yo Ma, Goodnight Moon.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "Now he gets all the chicks."
On Alright Guy:
- "...shave off these goatees, pack the van up, I'm gonna go down to California. I'm gonna buy a horse. I'm gonna drive it out into the desert. I don't give a fuck how hot it is, I'm gonna name that goddamn thing."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...new book with pictures of Will naked..."
- "I know I'm dirty and Mick smokes a lot of dope. I smoked a lot of it with him over about the last ten years. So much that I don't even care if that part rhymed."
- "I was only kidding when I called them a couple of dicks. Still they made me do a bunch of Chris Gaines tricks."
- "I hardly go outside now that that Court TV shit is on."