December 11, 2004
Southgate House -
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
[Vinyl Records/Music festival story]
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Judge Judy story]
[Seattle Grunge Rock/Chicago story]
Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan]
Paradise [John Prine]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
Late Last Night
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Brian Kincaid
Will Kimbrough opened this show and played guitar during Todd's set. Todd has a hard time finding the right key to start Nashville. During Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues, Todd does a different portion than usual of Bob Dylan's I Shall Be Free, No. 10. Will Kimbrough's opening set included: Piece of Work, Mr. Lee, Grown Up Now, The Powers That Be, Diamond in a Garbage Can, Betty Was Black (Willie Was White), Champion of the World, Wicked Angela, Christmas in Prison [John Prine], Closer to the Ground, Yo Yo Ma, Goodnight Moon
On Vinyl Records:
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "I've got piles and piles and piles of Helen Reddy...and Duane Eddy...maybe a little Petty."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "He gets so many chicks now."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Space Needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki"
- "...shave off these goatees, pack up the van. I'm gonna move down to California, buy a horse, ride it out into the desert, I don't care how fuckin' hot it is, I'm gonna name that thing."
On Alright Guy:
- "I don't get out much since O.J.'s been on."
On Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request:
- "I had that new book with all them pictures of Will Kimbrough naked..."
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "You're still the champion and everybody knows you are. Let's go out to some night club in Minnesota and jump on the hood of some guys car."