December 30, 2004
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
Play a Train Song
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad Of The Kingsmen
[Meeting Will Kimbrough]
[Seattle Grunge Rock/Chicago accent story]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
[Mike Tyson story]
Late Last Night
[Vinyl Records/Music festival story]
All My Life
The Accident [John Prine]
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Brian Kincaid
Todd played a handful of songs that were new at this point: "Some of these songs I don't know all of the words to yet but if I fuck up the words, it's just a rewrite since I made it up to begin with." After Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request, Todd tells a pretty lengthy account of the story behind the song.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks."
On Alright Guy:
- "Space Needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki"
- "...shave off these goatees, pack up the van, move down to California. We'll buy a horse. I'm gonna ride him all the way into Arizona -- get out there in the middle of the desert. I don't care how fuckin' hot it is, I'm namin' that thing."
On Vinyl Records:
- "...that new book with all those pictures of Jeff Tweedy naked..."
- "Hey, Old Timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "I've got piles and piles and piles of Helen Reddy."
CD Cover Art by Chris Hoff: FRONT | BACK