December 31, 2004
The Ark -
Ann Arbor, MI
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
Play a Train Song
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Once He Finds Us
[Seattle Grunge Rock/Chicago accent story]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Keep Off the Grass
You Think You Know Somebody
[Phil Hartman/Rehab stories]
[Ringing In the New Year]
Happy New Year, Baby
Late Last Night
Sunshine > You Can't Always Get What You Want [Rolling Stones]
Heart Of Gold [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
There are several New Year's components to this show including the noisemakers occasionally heard in the background as well as the countdown/champagne toast at midnight (just after Beer Run).
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "He gets a lot of chicks now."
On Alright Guy:
- "Space Needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki"
- "...shave off our goatees, sell the van. I'm gonna move down to California. I'm gonna buy myself a horse. I'm gonna ride it out into the middle of the desert. I don't care how hot it is, I'm gonna name that son of a bitch."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
On Vinyl Records:
- "I don't get out much since O.J. came on."
- "I've got piles and piles and piles of Helen Reddy."