January 15, 2005
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Tension > Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
[Seattle Grunge Rock/Chicago accent story]
Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
Late Last Night
[Life as a folk singer story]
This Land is Our Land
Play a Train Song
Sunshine > You Can't Always Get What You Want [Rolling Stones]
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
MEDIA: 1 DVD
TAPER: Steve "Sparky" Hassenplug
NOTES: Recording cuts between each song and cuts Alright Guy a bit short.
SCREENSHOTS: IMAGE 1 | IMAGE 2 | IMAGE 3 | IMAGE 4
Will Kimbrough opened this show and played guitar for Todd's set. The opening set included: Piece of Work, I'm a Grownup Now, I'm On Your Side, Diamond in a Garbage Can, The Bottom, ??, ??, Wicked Angela, Yo Yo Ma.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "Now this guy...goddang, he gets a lot of chicks."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "People still dig drugs. I mean, most of you guys anyway. I really got my shit together these days."
- "that and Democrats...and if elected, I will put a Coke machine in the student union."
On Alright Guy:
- "Space needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki."
- "He said he didn't know if he could sell a record that didn't have any music on it. I said, 'You put out Poison.'"
- "...shave off these goatees, pack the van...I'm moving out to California, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna buy a horse. I'm gonna ride that son of a bitch out into the desert. I don't care how hot it is. I'm naming that motherfucker."
On Vinyl Records:
- "...new book with all those pictures of Kimbrough naked..."
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "I've got piles and piles and piles of Helen Reddy...and Duane Eddy."