March 5, 2005
Surf Ballroom -
Clear Lake, IA
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Tillamook County Jail
Late Last Night
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > [Chicago accent story]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Oh Boy! [Buddy Holly]
Age Like Wine
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
Illegal Smile [John Prine]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: Soundboard > Edirol UA-5 > Toslink optical cable > Nomad Jukebox 3 (firstname.lastname@example.org kHz)
TAPER: Tim Jamison
MEDIA: 1 DVD
TAPER: Ken Keiran
SCREENSHOTS: IMAGE 1 | IMAGE 2 | IMAGE 3 | IMAGE 4
Peter Cooper opened this show and joins Todd for Oh Boy. Todd accidentally repeats part of Doublewide Blues but clarifies that "if you're the guy that made it up, it's a rewrite." After forgetting several of the words to Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues, Todd eventually admits "I can't remember this fuckin' thing."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks."
- "It's not gonna be because of something Eminem said in his song."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "I don't get out much since the Michael Jackson trial's been on."
- "I don't get out much since O.J. Simpson's been on."
On Conservative Christian...:
- "Space needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki."
- "I ain't seen nothing like that on MTV since after I watched Judge Judy and I flipped it over there."
- "...shave off these goatees, pack up the van, move down to Los Angeles, California, buy a horse, ride it out into the middle of the desert, I don't care how hot it is, I'm gonna name that motherfucker."
On Alright Guy:
- "Tree huggin', peace lovin', pot smokin', porn watchin', folk singin' jerk-offs like me."
- "...that new book with all them pictures of Jimmy Buffett naked."
- "I know I'm perfect, and I know I've smoked so much fuckin' dope. But it ain't like I went on TV and did something worse than smokin' a bunch of dope."
- "You know, just the other night these cops pulled me over outside of an East Nashville bar. They turned on their lights and said, "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car. I was only kidding when I called them a couple of young dicks..."