March 31, 2005
Cat's Cradle -
Play a Train Song
All My Life
Betty Was Black (Willie Was White)
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Tillamook County story]
Tillamook County Jail
[K.K. Rider story]
Don't It Make You Want to Dance [Rusty Weir]
Sunshine > You Can't Always Get What You Want [Rolling Stone]
Age Like Wine
Heart of Gold [Neil Young]
What Made Milwaukee Famous [Glenn Sutton]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Rob Peters
Hayes Carll opened this show with the following setlist: Hey Baby, Rivertown, Soon as I Learn Your Name, Glad I Came, Arkansas Blues, Ain't Enough of Me to Go Around, Chickens, I've Been Everywhere, Long Way Home (encore). During Chickens, Hayes told a funny story about telling Arkansas jokes at a show somewhere and the CEO of Tyson Chicken, who is from Arkansas, was in the audience. He tipped Hayes $100 and bought the audience two rounds
for his humor. During the guitar solo on Incarcerated: "Eat your heart out, Will Kimbrough."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "He gets a lot of chicks now."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "It's called box office, baby. It's bigger than Green Day."
- "People still dig drugs. That's for sure. I mean, some of ya'll anyway."
- "Michael Jackson. That's what scares people these days. That and....no, just that."
- "I don't get out much since the reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial's been on."
- "Take me home, Elvis. I think I'm drunk."