April 1, 2005
Canal Club -
[Train Song intro]
Play a Train Song
Dueling Banjoes > Tension
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Betty Was Black (Willie Was White)
Keep Off the Grass
[K.K. Rider story]
Don't It Make You Wanna Dance [Rusty Weir]
Tillamook County Jail
Easy Money > It's Only Rock and Roll [Rolling Stones]
Knockin' on Heaven's Door [Bob Dylan]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TAPER: Rob Peters
Hayes Carll opened this show. The Taters played between Hayes and Todd. Hayes Carll's setlist included: Hey Baby, Soon as I Learn Your Name, Little Rock, Take Me Away, Flowers and Liquor, and Wish I Hadn't Stayed So Long. The crowd starts yelling requsts early in the show: "We'll get to that part where everybody yells out...be patient with me and you let me do all this self-indulgent bullshit that nobody gives a fuck about, then we'll do Beer Run 95 times." During the guitar solo on Incarcerated: "Eat your heart out, Will Kimbrough." Out of respect for Pope John Paul II who was ill at the time, Todd changes the words to Alright Guy (see VARIATIONS below) (the Pope passed away the next day).
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "It's called box office, baby. It's bigger than Jimmy Buffett."
- "Michael Jackson. That's what scares people these days. That and...no, just Michael Jackson."
On Alright Guy:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...that new book with all those pictures of Will Kimbrough naked..."
- "It ain't like I'm going on TV and doing something worse that smoking a lot of dope."
- "Hey, Old Timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "I don't get out much since the reencactment of the O.J. trial's been on."