April 9, 2005
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
You Think You Know Somebody
[Late Last Night story]
Late Last Night
Yesterday's and Used to Be's
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen > It's Your Thing [Isley Brothers]
Tillamook County Jail
Keep Off the Grass
All My Life
What Made Milwaukee Famous [Glenn Sutton]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan]
Knockin' on Heaven's Door [Bob Dylan]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TAPER: Brian Kincaid
Heidi Howe and Tamara Bedricky were the openers for this show. Tamara Bedricky's setlist included: Let Me In, Beautiful, Tell Me Why, Until I Find You, Comin' Clean, A Million Miles. Todd says he hopes that Ballad of the Kingsmen inspires everyone to give each other lap dances after the show..."or better yet, me and Elvis, my tour manager." With the recent passing of Pope John Paul II, Todd changes the words to Alright Guy (see VARIATIONS below).
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "It's called box office, baby. It's bigger than Jessica Simpson."
- "People still dig drugs. I saw a lot of you getting high in the parking lot before this. Drugs are literally bigger than Rush Limbaugh. And that's pretty big."
- "Michael Jackson. That's who scares people these days. That and...no, just Michael Jackson."
On Conservative Christian...:
- "He gets a lot of chicks now."
- "It's not gonna be because of what Eminem got to say in his song."
On Alright Guy:
- "Tree huggin', peace lovin', Pope lovin', porn watchin', lazy ass hippies like me."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "I had that book with all them pictures of Sinead [Todd pronounces
it "sin-eed"] O'Connor naked..."
- "I know I'm dirty and I know I smoke a lot of dope. I may not really, really, really, really, really smoke a lot of dope."
- "...shave off these goatees, pack the van, move down to Nashville and see if we can't get a job with the Kings of Leon."