April 16, 2005
Skipper's Smokehouse -
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen >
It's Your Thing [Isley Brothers]
[Judge Judy story]
This Land is Our Land >
Fortunate Son [CCR]
You Think You Know Somebody
[Summer music festival story] >
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
[Tillamook County story]
Tillamook County Jail
Easy Money >
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Dueling Banjoes >
L.A. Freeway [Guy Clark]
The Pilgrim [Kris Kristofferson]
Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: A few minor skips during D.B. Cooper and again during Doublewide Blues.
Todd reminds the crowd that he did not steal This Land is Our Land from Woody Guthrie...he stole it from John Fogerty. After You Think You Know Somebody, a guy in the crowd yells, "You're an alright guy!" Todd's response: "I even said so once." With the recent passing of Pope John Paul II, Todd changes the words to Alright Guy (see VARIATIONS below).
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "People still are taking drugs. I saw a lot of you out in the parking lot. I don't take 'em no more. My doctor said that if I quit taking them two years ago, I would still be high for another six. I got four more."
- "Michael Jackson. That's what scares people these days. That and....just Michael Jackson."
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks."
On Alright Guy:
- "Singin' my songs for tips and beers...mostly beers."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "It ain't like I went on TV and did something worse than smoking dope."
- "Hey, Old Timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "I ain't been out much since the reenactment of the O.J. trial's been on."
CD Cover Art by Chris Hoff: FRONT | BACK