April 22, 2005
John Henry's Hammer -
Play a Train Song
Yesterdays and Used to Be's
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of Kingsmen
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
[Tillamook County story]
Tillamook County Jail
Easy Money >
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
This Land is Our Land >
Fortunate Son [CCR]
Good News Blues
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: Sony ECM907 > MD > Adobe Audition > Wav
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: Opening set by the South Austin Jug Band included on Disc 2 as filler. A very poor cut between Anywhere and Conservative Christian...and another before Beer Run.
South Austin Jug Band opened this show. One guy in the crowd keeps yelling for "Daily Planet" to which Todd finally responds: "There's not actually a song called 'Daily Planet' but I think I get what you mean." The same guy yells the same thing again while Todd is trying to tell a story: "I told you I heard you. Jesus. I'll do it. I'm even gonna make up a song called Daily Planet before I leave. But seriously, I heard you." Another guy asks for a "shout out to Christy" for her birthday. Todd complies with and also includes a shout out to "all [his] homies back in Nashville." Todd messes up the beginning of Tillamook County Jail but responds with a humorous "rewrite." We're reminded that This Land is Our Land was not stolen from Woody Guthrie -- it was stolen from John Fogerty.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "It's box office or something."
- "People still do a lot of drugs. I can see a lot of you in the parking lot tonight. And drugs are literally bigger than Rush Limbaugh. At least bigger than he used to be anyway."
- "Abortion. Homosexuals in the military. Communists in my office. Terrorists in my toilet bowl. That's what scares people these days. Shit, everything scares me these days."
- "I've got tension and it's everywhere that I go. And I go a lot of places."
On Tillamook County Jail:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks."
- "It's not gonna be because of something that Eminem said in his song."
- "Hey, Duckheads...let's get it on."
On Conservative Christian... :
- "...hoping that she's not so mad now that she doesn't even pay my bail. We're comin' down on vacation, that's not the way it goes, that's the end of it but sometimes I fuck up the words. If I do, I wrote it so it's like a re-write instead of a fuck up."
- "Deadhead diggin' hippies like me."
CD Cover Art by Sc°re-Pi°n: FRONT | BACK