April 27, 2005
The Nightlight -
Yesterday's and Used to Be's
Play a Train Song
[Judge Judy story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen >
It's Your Thing [Isley Brothers]
You Think You Know Somebody
Good News Blues
Tillamook County Jail
Easy Money >
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Mountain Dew >
Will the Circle Be Unbroken
This Land is Our Land
[Conservative Christian... intro]
You Can't Always Get What You Want [Rolling Stones]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: (Sony ECM907)->MD->Adobe Audition->WAV
TAPER: Chuck Stuart
NOTES: A little bit of digital noise during the beginning of Yesterday's and Used to Be's.
South Austin Jug Band joins Todd for this set. Before Good News Blues, Todd plays a small portion of Folsom Prison Blues [Johnny Cash]. With the recent passing of Pope John Paul II, Todd changes the words to Alright Guy (see VARIATIONS below). Near the end of the show, the crowds gets a little obnoxious -- especially one particular female in the audience. Todd mentions her during Sunshine (see VARIATIONS below). Despite many requests from members of the crowd, this was a Beer Run-less show (good call, Todd).
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Now, I tell you, he's gettin' a lot of chicks now."
- "It's not gonna be because of something Eminem gets to say in his song."
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
- "You know one of those little fuckers broke my window last spring..."
- "I don't get out much since the reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial's been on."
On Alright Guy:
- "I've been bummin' around this country, smokin' joints and drinkin' beer."
- "It ain't like I went on TV and did something worse than smoking dope."
- "Hey, Old Timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "We're already in hell as far as I can tell. Just listening to that chick scream."
CD Cover Art by Chris Hoff: FRONT | BACK