June 19, 2005
Canal Street Tavern -
[Judge Judy manager story]
[K.K. Rider Story]
Don't It Make You Want to Dance [Rusty Weir]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Inner peace seminar story]
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Play a Train Song
Country When It Rocks
Once He Finds Us
All My Life
Good News Blues
Bottom Dollar [Billy Joe Shaver/Danny Finley]
Alcohol and Pills
Age Like Wine
I May Smoke Too Much [Kris Kristofferson]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: Soundboard>Sony M1 DAT>Cool Edit Pro>Nero>CDR
TAPER: Ramcey - tCH
As he's done a few times in the past, Todd changes the words in Alright Guy (out of respect since the death of Pope John Paul II on 4/2/05). Missing You is played early in the show -- likely a Father's Day tribute to Todd's dad. While Todd is telling his Judge Judy story, apparently someone in the crowd says to him, "Just play the song." In response Todd tells that particular audience member, "It's gonna be a long night for you." Todd stumbles on the lyrics at the beginning of Easy Money but recovers with a quick-witted change of lyrics (see VARIATIONS below). After Rocket Fuel, Todd does a small bit of Country When It Rocks. Todd's usual comment about finding his tie on the bus and thinking it was Eddie Money's is changed slightly as he says it belongs to Huey Lewis.
On Alright Guy:
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "It ain't like I went on TV and did something worse than smoking dope."
- "Hey, Old Timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "Now, man, he gets a lot of chicks. Maybe not as many chicks as he used to get chicks. But he gets chicks."
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
- "People still dig drugs. Shit, they're bigger than Rush Limbaugh. And he used to be pretty big."
- "Michael Jackson. That's what scares people these days. That and...no, just Michael Jackson."
On Easy Money:
- "I been bummin' around this country. I've been playing here for over ten years."
- "The hotels are weird and the pay sucks. The hotel sucks, too. But the gig, I love the gig."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "You get some ex-junkie all strung out on his own greed and he'll never figure out the words to his own fuckin' song."
On Vinyl Records:
- "I'm about to implode now that the reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial isn't on."
On Age Like Wine:
- "I've got piles and piles and piles of Helen Reddy."
- "Which will not be as good as that first show that you told your friend about that you dragged out tonight so help me I know..."