August 21, 2005
Planet Bluegrass Ranch -
[Judge Judy story]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[K.K. Rider story]
Don't It Make You Wanna Dance [Rusty Wier]
Tillamook County Jail
[Tillamook County conclusion]
Late Last Night
Blowin' In The Wind [Bob Dylan]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TRANSFER: Marshall MXL 2003's (Royer Mod)>V3>CO2>JB3
TAPER: Paul Rennix
Performed on the Main Stage at the Rocky Mountain Folk Festival. Jeff Austin of the Yonder Mountain String Band (who Todd refers to as one of his "drinkin' buddies") plays on all songs after the first two. Todd dedicates the show to the "ghost of the late great Hunter S. Thompson." Todd's first attempt at Incarcerated is cut short when he can't remember the words to the first verse: "When this is over, think of the words that I do remember." He then goes on to play Easy Money and follows it with a successful repeat of Incarcerated: "You can see how many words it has!"
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "It's called box office baby. It's bigger than the Yonder Mountain String Band."
- "People still dig drugs. Shit, I been walking around the festival all day."
- "Homosexual marriage. That's what scares people these days. Imagine it! Ah!"
- "So they formed a band. They dressed weird. And they got a lot of chicks."
- "It's not gonna be because of something that Eminem kid says in some song."