January 28, 2006
Canal Street Tavern -
Elmo and Henry > Can't Complain
Just Like Old Times
[Bill Elliot story]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Ballad of the Kingsmen > It's Your Thing [Isley Brothers]
[Rose City tunnel story]
Rose City Blues
[Tillamook County intro]
Tillamook County Jail
Play a Train Song > Georgia on a Fast Train [Billy Joe Shaver]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
Good News Blues
Come From the Heart [Richard Leigh & Susanna Clark]
Knockin' on Heaven's Door [Bob Dylan]
Happy New Year
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Jake Larson
MEDIA: 1 DVD
TAPER: Brian Kincaid
SCREENSHOTS: IMAGE 1 | IMAGE 2 | IMAGE 3 | IMAGE 4
The first of two consecutive nights at the Canal Street Tavern. After starting Can't Complain, Todd realized his mic was not working. While his microphone was being fixed, he played a portion of Elmo and Henry. Once his mic is live, he has to start over once again when he opens Can't Complain a little off key. Todd reminds the crowd of his goal for nineteen minutes between the songs. During Tension, Todd talks about new t-shirts that will be coming out based on Conservative Christian... Peter Cooper joined Todd for the encore and opened the show with the following set: Nirvana Was Better Than Pearl Jam, Boy Genius, What's the Use, Take Care, Old Strom, One By One, Sitting in Sheboygan, and Gospel Song.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "It's bigger than the fuckin' Stones. Even before they lost their bass player."
- "People still dig drugs. That guy down there just said 'I do.' Party in your room."
- "Gay people gettin' married. That's what scares people that got a whole lot of fuckin' time on their hands these days."
- "I don't get out much since the reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial came on."