April 22, 2006
Old Settlers Music Festival -
Just Like Old Times
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Play a Train Song
[Bill Elliott story]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Mr. Bojangles [Jerry Jeff Walker]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
Todd apologizes to the families with kids in the crowd after If Tomorrow Never Comes: "So kids, don't say that at school." (See VARIATIONS below to see how this apology and promise not to swear held up).
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "It's called box office, baby and it's bigger than the Stones. And they're pretty big. Even with their new bass player."
- "People still dig drugs. Maybe not as many people but I was waiting the parking lot before the show and I'm telling you, some of ya'll still dig drugs. Bigger than Rush Limbaugh. And he used to be pretty big."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people the ain't got shit all else to be scared of these days. I play weddings. All of 'em."
On Alright Guy:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "Well shit...now brohters and sisters, I am only one guy. And I just said I wasn't gonna swear again and that turned out to be a lie."
- "It's not gonna be because of something Eminem said in his song."
- "...new book with all those pictures of Jerry Jeff Walker naked..."
- "It ain't like I went on TV and did something worse than that."