May 8, 2006
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Tillamook County Jail
You Think You Know Somebody
[Play a Train Song story]
Play a Train Song
[Ballad of the Kingsmen story]
Ballad of the Kingsmen > It's Your Thing [Isley Brothers]
[K.K. Rider Story]
Don't It Make You Wanna Dance [Rusty Weir]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] >
Talking New York [Bob Dylan]
Spoke As A Child
[Judge Judy story]
Sunshine > You Can't Always Get What You Want [Rolling Stones]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: SP-CMC-853 cardioids > SP-SPSB-6 batt box bass rolloff 95Hz > Sony D8 > Tascam DA20Mk2 > HHB830pro > EAC > CDWav (for splits)
TAPER: Mick Audis
After cancelling a previous show at this venue (originally scheduled for 1/25/05), Todd welcomes the crowds with an apology: "Sorry for showing up late. We were supposed to start a couple of years ago." Conservative Christian... is performed acapella.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "In America, we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of car chase."
- "People obviously still love drugs. I've been using them to fuck up my own lyrics for years."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of where I'm from."
- "I've got tension in my courthouse. I've got tension in my White House."
On Alright Guy:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It's not gonna be because of something Eminem said in his song."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "It ain't like I went on television and did something worse than that."
- "Space Needle, Eddie Vedder, Ichiro Suzuki. He's a baseball player."
- "Shave off our goatees, pack the van, move down to Nashville, see if we can't get a roadie gig with the Kings of Leon."