July 8, 2006
Blissfest Festival Farm -
Harbor Springs, MI
Age Like Wine
Play a Train Song
Tension > Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
This Land is Our Land
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Illegal Smile [John Prine]
Todd played twice on this date. His first performance was in the late afternoon on the second stage with three other musicians -- a "songwriters in the round" session with each person doing two songs. He played later on the main stage.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "...cause in America, we like our bad guys dead...after a lengthy car chase."
- "People still dig drugs...I was walking around the campground..."
- "Gay people getting married..."
On Statistician's Blues:
- "They're weird chicks...but they're chicks."
- "I'm just trying to string a few words together to get into Blissfest for free."
- "They say 67% of all folk singers know the words to their songs."