July 26, 2006
WFPK Waterfront Wednesday -
Looking for a Job
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
Tension > Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Tillamook County Jail
Good News Blues
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen
All That Matters
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Brian Kincaid
MEDIA: 1 DVD
NOTES: Only includes a song or two. Shares a disc with several other live clips from other shows.
Tommy Womack on bass and Molly Thomas on fiddle. Incarcerated is played at a slightly slower tempo than usual. Todd's comments and lyrics are slightly tamed in order to accommodate "family night."
On If Tomorrow Never Comes:
On Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request:
- "If worms had daggers....whoa, Lord."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Come on, Iron Mike, let's take the Porsche down to the...down to the bar."
- "I don't get out much since the O.J. trial came on."
On Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferrably after some kind of car chase."
- "People still dig drugs. Don't think I wasn't out in the parking lot. I mean, I was just waiting around. But I smelled ya'll."
- "Homosexual people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have anything else to be scared of these days."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "Come over here and sit down you little family oriented show, I've got something you oughtta hear."
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It's not gonna be cause of something that Eminem said in his song."