August 29, 2006
Pour House Music Hall -
Just Like Old Times
Tension > Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
[Highland Street story]
Highland Street Incident
[Train Song intro]
Play a Train Song > Georgia On a Fast Train [Billy Joe Shaver]
The Devil You Know
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Beer Run > Happy New Year
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Rob Peters
Marshall Chapman, who opened the show, joined Todd for Easy Money.
On Doublewide Blues:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of car chase."
- "People still dig drugs. I saw you sumbitches in the parking lot."
- "Gay people getting married..."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "I don't get out much since the reenactment of the O.J. Simpson trial came on."
On Alright Guy:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "...it ain't gonna be cause of something that Eminem or some fuckin' guy like that says in his song."
- "..it ain't like I went on TV and did something worse than smoking dope."
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to get out of the car."