September 17, 2006
Canal Street Tavern -
Just Like Old Times
[Devil You Know story]
The Devil You Know
Tension > Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
[45 Miles story]
Play a Train Song
--- Set Break ---
Thin Wild Mercury
I Spoke as a Child
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Highland Street story]
Highland Street Incident
You're A Big Girl Now [Bob Dylan]
Alright Guy > [Becoming a folk singer story]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: SBD > Edirol UA-5 mod (44.1kHz, 16bit) > NJB3 > WAV
NOTES: Ballad of the Kingsmen and Statistician's Blues recorded as one track.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of exciting car chase."
- "Queers getting married...might have to get divorced. My wife says, 'Don't worry about a thing...'"
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they are verifiably chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be because of something that I said in some song or that Eminem said in some song or that some other guy on some tour said in some song."
On Alright Guy:
- "I don't get out much since the reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial came on."
- "It ain't like I went on Jay Leno and David Letterman and smoked a bunch...well, yes I did."