November 30, 2006
Rick's Cafe -
Just Like Old Times
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen > It's Your Thing [Isley Brothers]
[Devil You Know story]
The Devil You Know
I Spoke as a Child
[45 Miles story]
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Happy New Year > Will the Circle Be Unbroken
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TAPER: Rennie Jackson
This show was opened by Jen Foster. Although near the end of Ballad of the Kingsmen, Todd mentions Tuscaloosa, this show was verifiably performed in Starkville as this is a reference to the next night's show.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "...in America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of car chase or something."
- "People still dig drugs. Shit, I saw ya'll in the parking lot."
- "Queer people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "...it ain't gonna be cause of something some rapper said in his song."
- "I don't get out much since the reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial came on."