February 24, 2007
John Ascuaga's Nugget -
This Land is Our Land
[45 Miles story]
Looking for a Job
[Mark Chestnut story]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Kingsmen > You Sexy Thing [Hot Chocolate]
[Frat party story]
[Garden of Eden story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Freer Bird (Worst Case Scenario)
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TAPER: Mark Perry
NOTES: Recording begins with first song in progress.
With Will Kimbrough and Molly Thomas.
On Doublewide Blues:
On Alright Guy:
- "I don't get out much since the Anna Nicole Smith trial been on."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "I know I'm dirty and I know I smoke a lot of dope. It ain't we all went on TV after we smoked a bunch of dope...I take that back."
- "The other night these cops pulled me over outside of the hotel. They said hey, old man, get out of the car."
On Freer Bird:
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "...now he gets a lot of chicks. Sure, they're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "...it ain't gonna be cause of something some singer said in his song."
- "Worst case scenario you're in and out of rehab."