March 10, 2007
Blueberry Hill -
St. Louis, MO
You Got Away With It
Looking for a Job
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story (cut short)]
Play a Train Song
Just Like Old Times
Ballad of the Kingsmen > You Sexy Thing [Hot Chocolate]
The Devil You Know
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Happy New Year
All That Matters
The show was opened by Patrick Sweany. Early in the show, Todd started telling the story leading into If Tomorrow Never Comes -- he was only a few lines into it when a fella on Todd's left started spouting off "B-double-E-double-R-U-N..." Typically in this situation, a glance from Todd and a tongue-in-cheek comment about not bossing him around and letting him tell his own stories does a good job of putting people in their place. Unfortunately, at this show this wasn't the case. Todd made a subtle attempt to quiet this guy down but he persisted by continually telling Todd to play Beer Run [keep in mind that at this point Todd has made several attempts to tell the story leading into If Tomorrow Never Comes.] Reaching a boiling point, Todd responded to the fella with a middle finger and a "You know what? Shut the fuck up." At this point, Todd immediately abandonded the story and went into Beer Run...twice. Following the second time through the song, he commented towards the fella causing the disruption: "There's two of them for you. Now you don't have to come next time." Todd continued his set from this point but never strayed from the setlist, never told a story, and never spoke a word into the mic outside of his song lyrics. Frustration had simply hit its peak.
On Sideshow Blues:
- "It's hard to kick the door down when you ain't wearin' no shoes."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "In American we like our bad guys dead...jinx (in response to woman in audience who very loudly said the word 'dead' along with Todd)...preferably after some sort of kick ass car chase."
- "Queer people getting married. That's what scares people that don't got shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Alright Guy:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks...of course they're weird chicks...but they are indeed chicks."
- "It's not gonna be cause of something that some rap singer said in his song."
On Happy New Year:
- "Hey old timer we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
On All That Matters:
- "...singing this song of mine called Somebody's Coming he sounded whiter than me somehow."
- "I don't care about this crowd. Let them talk. I'm not proud..."