March 22, 2007
[Likely missing the first song or two of the set]
[You Got Away With It intro]
You Got Away With It
Looking for a Job
[Devil You Know story]
The Devil You Know
Ballad of the Kingsmen > You Sexy Thing [Hot Chocolate]
Just Like Old Times
Late Last Night > Johnny B. Goode [Chuck Berry] > [Meeting Chuck Berry]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Freer Bird (Worst Case Scenario)
Alright Guy > [Guidance counselor story] > Blowin' in the Wind [Bob Dylan]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Back to the Crossroads > Johnny B. Goode [Chuck Berry]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TAPER: Rennie Jackson
NOTES: Likely missing the first song or two of the set.
With Will Kimbrough.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Alright Guy:
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of something that Marilyn Manson said in his song."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...new book of all them picutres of Will Kimbrough naked..."
- "I don't get out much since the Anna Nicole Smith trial came on."