August 8, 2007
Woodland Park Zoo -
Just Like Old Times
Ballad of the Kingsmen> You Sexy Thing [Hot Chocolate]
Tillamook County Jail
[If Tomorrow Never Comes story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
[Train Song intro]
Play a Train Song
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TAPER: Mark Perry
NOTES: Quite a bit of audible crowd chatter and a several choppy track transitions. Most of Ballad of the Kingsmen is very muffled.
An outdoor performance tones down a bit for the kids in the audience. Robert Earl Keen played this day as well.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Sideshow Blues:
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of the lyrics to some rock 'n' roll song."
On Alright Guy:
- "It's so hard to kick the door down when you ain't wearin' no shoes."
On If Tomorrow Never Comes:
- "I know I'm dirty and I know I smoke a lot of..... And this editting for your kids part is gonna be harder than I thought it was. I can't promise people for sure that this all will rhyme. I made this up when I was young and I cussed all the time."
- "If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't...mess with them."