September 20, 2007
Stuart's Opera House -
Happy New Year
Looking for a Job
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Alcohol and Pills
[Rose City tunnel story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] >
Talking New York [Bob Dylan]
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
America's Favorite Pastime
Play a Train Song
MEDIA: 2 CDR
Rose City introduced as: "If ya'll are here for Beer Run this might be where you want to pee or something...no hard feelings."
On Sideshow Blues:
- "It's so hard to kick the door down when you ain't wearin' no shoes."
On Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase or something."
- "People still use drugs. Some people just still dig 'em. In fact didn't somebody just hijack that train of yours? Don't tell me people don't still dig drugs."
- "Queer people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Alright Guy:
- "...shave off these goatees, pack the van........It's been a long time since I've played this. And at the end of this song I used to just play my harp a little bit and try to think of some new current band to say at the end. Like, 'and then we'll go work for so-and-so.' I don't even know any of the bands anymore. Maybe I'd get a gig walking around with Liza Minelli or something."
- "...new book with pictures of Jerry Jeff Walker naked..."
- "It ain't I went on TV like Sinead O'Connor and tore up a picture of the pope that one time. I know I get tired. I know I'm out being drunk..."
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."