September 22, 2007
Canal Street Tavern -
Age Like Wine
Alcohol and Pills
[Holiday Inn story]
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Thin Wild Mercury
Just in Case
[Happy New Year intro] > Happy New Year
-- set break --
America's Favorite Pastime
Looking for a Job
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan]
Age Like Wine
MEDIA: 1 CDR
MEDIA: 1 DVD
TAPER: Jeff Owens
SCREENSHOTS: IMAGE 1 | IMAGE 2 | IMAGE 3
This show starts with so much promise but is cut short after a handful of "drunk sumbitches" in the crowd can't figure out when to shut up. From the beginning, Todd is clear with these folks that they are distracting and during the beginning of Ballad of the Kingsmen, he issues a very sincere request for them to stop yelling at him. Unfortunately, the hint wasn't taken and Todd cut his show short.
Among the negatives at this show, one major bright spot was Todd's story of being escorted out of the Holiday Inn earlier that day after some recreational activity. The night's setlist was written on the back side of the criminal trespass order presented to Todd as a result of this situation. Click HERE to see for yourself.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Alright Guy:
- "They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of something some rap singer said in his song."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "...new book with pictures of Jimmy Buffet naked in it and I was checking it out. Just then a friend of mine came through the door. She said I never heard that there was a book with pictures of Jimmy Buffet naked in it before."
- "I don't get out much since all this new O.J. shit came on."