November 16, 2007
Midtown Music Hall -
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Thin Wild Mercury
Alcohol and Pills
The Devil You Know
Keep Off the Grass
[45 Miles story]
Ballad of the Kingsman
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] >
Talking New York [Bob Dylan]
Play a Train Song
[Bill Elliott story]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
East Nashville Skyline
Knockin' on Heavens Door [Bob Dylan]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TRANSFER: Zoom H4 > SD card > HDD > Audio Cleaning Lab (tracks/fades) > Nero 6 > CD
TAPER: Carole Mumford (transferred by Carlton Freeman)
NOTES: Recording begins with Tension in progress. Easy Money and Good Fortune recorded as one track.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "Queer people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks...old Marilyn Manson. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of the lyrics to some kinds of rap song. And I ain't really trying to preach to you either. I'm just trying to sing to you, too. String a few words together. Work my way up to Asheville. Hey, kids..."
On Alright Guy:
- "Pack the van...move back to Athens and see if we can't get a job carrying the Drive-By-Trucker's shit around."
- "It ain't like I went on TV like Sinead O'Connor and tore up a picture of the pope."