February 20, 2008
Riverside Ballroom -
Green Bay, WI
Thin Wild Mercury
Ballad of the Kingsmen
Tillamook County Jail
Looking for a Job
[My Generation story]
My Generation, Part 2
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues > I Shall Be Free, No. 10 [Bob Dylan] >
Talking New York [Bob Dylan]
Play a Train Song
Knockin' On Heaven's Door [Bob Dylan]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
NOTES: Possibly from mp3 source.
Todd calls out a member of the crowd after Missing You: "If you were trying to get my attention, you totally did. If you weren't, you're acting like an ass. Not all of the songs are going to be the ones you came to hear but if you could be a gentleman about it, I would appreciate it. I'm gonna play a whole lot of songs over the course of the evening. That's just the way it is. I would love it if you liked every fuckin' one of them but I can't please all the people all the time...nor do I give a fuck if I do. Thank you."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
On Alright Guy:
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be 'cause of the words to some rock 'n' roll song."
- "I ain't tryin' to preach to you. I'm just trying to work my way down to Milwaukee."
On Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues:
- "...new book with pictures of Brett Favre naked..."
- "I know I'm dirty and I know I've smoked a lot of pot in my time. It ain't like I went on TV and tore up a picture of the pope like Sinead O'Connor did on Saturday Night Live that time."
- "...shave off these goatees, pack up the van, move down to Nashville see if we can't get a job carrying Garth Brooks' shit around."