April 16, 2008
Cheatham Street Warehouse -
San Marcos, TX
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Alcohol and Pills
Play a Train Song
Just Like Old Times
Tillamook County Jail
Looking For a Job
Ballad of the Kingsmen > You Sexy Thing [Hot Chocolate]
Good News Blues
I Spoke As A Child
Georgia on a Fast Train [Billy Joe Shaver]
Because You Asked Me To [Billy Joe Shaver]
Will The Circle Be Unbroken
Cheatham Street Warehouse Honky Tonk Song
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: ECM-DS70P->Sony HiMD MZ-M100->Adobe Audition->WAV->FLAC
TAPER: Aaron Wevodau
Rehearsal style show billed as Elmo Buzz featuring the Cheatham Street Warehouse Band:Elmo Buzz - Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals
Scrappy Jud Newcomb - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Background Vocals
Kory Cook - Drums
Sterling Finlay - Bass, Background Vocals
Bill Whitbeck - Bass, Background Vocals
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase or something."
- "People still dig 'em. Shit. (laughs) I was gonna make a joke that I shouldn't make at the expense of a friend. I'm just gonna pull out and take the high road."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Alright Guy:
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "Now he gets a lot of chicks. A lot of chicks. And I've said before that they're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It's not gonna be 'cause of the words to some rock 'n' roll song."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "...new book with all those pictures of Craig Thorton in it naked."
- "It ain't like I went on TV and tore up a picture of the pope like Sinead O'Connor did that time."
- "I don't get out much since baseball season started."