June 26, 2008
McNear's Mystic Theatre -
Fortunate Son [CCR]
Looking For a Job
Tillamook County Jail
[Tillamook County story]
Just Like Old Times
Is This Thing Working
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Ballad of the Kingsmen > You Sexy Thing [Hot Chocolate]
Play a Train Song
America's Favorite Pastime
Don't Be Cruel [Elvis Presley]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Crooked Piece of Time [John Prine]
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: Core Cardioid > Zoom H2 > Cool Edit > Flac
TAPER: Mike Markov
On Alright Guy:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase or something."
- "People still dig drugs. Shit. You know who you are."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "...new book with all those pictures of my tour manager Elvis naked in it."
- "...said she'd never pegged me for an Elvis fan before."
- "It ain't like I went on TV and tore up a picture of the pope like Sinead O'Connor did that time."
- "Hey, old timer, we're gonna have to ask you to step out of the car."
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "Now Marilyn Manson gets a lot of chicks. He does. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of the words to some rock 'n' roll song."