August 22, 2008
Sloss Furnace -
Crooked Piece Of Time [John Prine]
Late Last Night
A Slim Chance
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Tillamook County Jail
Ballad of the Kingsmen
This Land Is Our Land
Good News Blues
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
Play a Train Song
Birmingham [Randy Newman]
MEDIA: 1 CDR
TAPER: Rennie Jackson
NOTES: Some technical issues during the first three songs. Vocal levels a bit high after that.
Todd is joined by Eric McConnel (steel guitar), Sterling Finlay (bass), and Kory Cook (drums).
On Doublewide Blues:
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "I don't get out much since Oprah's been on."
- "I don't get out much since the Olympics came on."
On Alright Guy:
- "He's a skinny public high school kid from Ohio."
- "Now Marilyn Manson gets a lot of chicks. They're weird chicks. But they're chicks."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of the words to some rock 'n' roll song."
- "It ain't like I went on TV and tore up a picture of the pope like Sinead O'Connor did that time."