June 27, 2009
The Ark -
Ann Arbor, M
Tension > [Michael Phelps story]
[Unorganized Crime intro]
Just Like Old Times
[Stuck on the Corner story]
Stuck on the Corner
Talkin’ Seattle Grunge Rock Blues
Play a Train Song
Redneck Mother [Ray Wylie Hubbard]
Corpus Christi Bay
Sunshine > Satisfaction [Rolling Stones]
[Tony Bennett story]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Accentuate the Positive [Johnny Mercer]
Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) [Looking Glass]
Easy Money > It's Only Rock 'n' Roll [Rolling Stones]
SOURCE: SBD/AUD Matrix
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: SBD>Sound Devices 722 @ 24/44.1 + AKG480+CK63>Sound Devices 722 @ 24/44.1 KHZ
A humorous flub on Doublewide Blues not to mention a terrific cover of Brandy (You're a Fine Girl). An all-around solid show.
On Doublewide Blues:
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase or something. That maybe somebody catches on film."
- "People still dig drugs. Shit. Olympic swimmers, even."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Alright Guy:
- "Wild Bill, the manager, his trailer's cool. Bought him a deck with one of them....oh wait. He's got some other shit going. This one's pretty long, you know.........something about not going out since O.J.'s been on..."
- "I had the new book with all those pictures of my tour manager, Elvis, naked in it..."
- "It ain't like I went on TV and tore up a picture of Sinead O'Connor did that time."