March 10, 2013
World Cafe Live - Philadelphia, PA
Is This Thing Working?
Ballad of the Kingsmen
[Aaron Allen Story] >
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
[Meeting Elvis Story] >
In Between Jobs
Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request
[Mushroom Football Story] >
Stuck on the Corner
Beer Run >
Age Like Wine > Crawdad Song [Woody Guthrie]
Too Soon To Tell
Alright Guy >
[Hill Country Goodbye Story]
Play a Train Song > Folsom Prison Blues [Johnny Cash]
[15 Minutes Story] >
Relax Your Mind [Leadbelly]
SOURCE: SBD/AUD Matrix
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: NOT FOR TRADE
MEDIA: 2 CDR
TRANSFER: SONY PCM-D50 > SONY PISTOL MIC
NOTES: Songs only. Stories and banter removed.
On Ballad of the Kingsmen:
- "Now...shit he could be working at Wal-Mart for all I know now. But my point is, he had a good run."
- "It ain't gonna be cause of the words to some rock 'n' roll song or some rap song or some shit like that."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "I haven't been out since that Honey Boo Boo show came on."
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Really really really dead. After some kind of kick ass car chase maybe. Or maybe they drive through a plate glass window on a busy street and knock over some fruit and shit. That's shit's great at the end of every movie."
- "Shit. People still dig drugs. That guy. And can I be honest with you? Is the show going pretty good so far? Don't bullshit me now...is it going pretty good so far? You're making a committment now. I just wanted to say that now cause I'm shroomin' balls. And I think it's going pretty good. Ya'll look kinda weird but shit. I've been doing this for so long..."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Alright Guy:
- "...new book with all them pictures of my tour manager Elvis naked..."
- "I know dirty and about three quarters of my songs mention dope. It ain't like I went on television like Sinead O'Connor did that time and tore up a picture of the pope."