March 12, 2013
Southern Theater - Columbus, OH
Is This Thing Working?
Too Soon To Tell
Happy New Year
In the Beginning
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Sunshine > Satisfaction [Rolling Stones]
Beer Run >
Age Like Wine > Crawdad Song [Woody Guthrie]
-- set break --
[Meeting Elvis Story]
In Between Jobs
Play a Train Song
[Santa Fe Story]
Mr. Bojangles [Jerry Jeff Walker]
Stuck on the Corner
[Mushroom Football Story]
I Want You, I Need You, I Love You [Elvis Presley]
SOURCE: SBD/AUD Matrix
MEDIA: 2 CDR
NOTES: NOT FOR TRADE
Vocals on I Want You, I Need You, I Love You by Todd's tour manager, "Elvis" Hixx.
On Alright Guy:
- "It ain't like I went on TV and tore up a picture of the pope like Sinead O'Connor did that time."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "I don't get out much since that Honey Boo Boo show came on."
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase that somebody catches on film."
- "People still dig drugs. Shit. There were some teenagers smoking pot in our dressing room when we got here. Shameful, man. It's alright though. We ran them off. Still smells kinda funny down there but we ran them off."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days. I should also take this opportunity to announce that I most recently became a reverend. I ain't kidding. There's a couple of singers, Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires, that wanted me to marry them. So I married them in front of all their dearly bedraggled friends. And now I can marry anybody I fuckin' want to. So in addition to these performances that I enjoy doing I would also like to let you know that from this point forward I am available to perform gay weddings. Normal ones are boring."