September 16, 2015
The Top Hat - Missoula, MT
Is This Thing Working > Working Man's Blues [Merle Haggard]
[Aaron Allen story]
[Kent Finlay story]
The Pilgrim [Kris Kristofferson]
Play a Train Song
[Daily Planet story]
To Beat the Devil [Kris Kristofferson]
Ascending Into Madness
Tension > This Land is Your Land [Woody Guthrie]
Sunshine > Satisfaction [Rolling Stones]
Freebird [Lynyrd Skynyrd]
Sangria Wine [Jerry Jeff Walker]
Trashy Women [Jerry Jeff Walker]
That's the Way the World Goes Around [John Prine] > [Happy enchilada story]
Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys [Ed Bruce]
Just Like Old Times
I Spoke as a Child
Keep Off the Grass
A Lot More
Beer Run > Age Like Wine > Crawdad Song [Woody Guthrie]
[Devil's Backbone story]
Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
[Jerry Jeff Walker story]
Mr. Bojangles [Jerry Jeff Walker]
The Last Laugh
If Tomorrow Never Comes
Too Soon To Tell
I brief power outage occurs after Alright Guy.
TAPER: Robert Troutman
On Alright Guy:
- "I know I'm dirty and I know I've smoked a lot of dope. It ain't I went on TV like Sinead O'Connor and tore up a picture of the pope."
- "In America we like our bad guys dead. Preferably after some kind of kick ass car chase."
- "People still dig drugs, man. Did I tell ya'll that I joined a jam band? I did."
- "Gay people getting married. That's what scares people that don't have shit all else to be scared of these days."
On Doublewide Blues:
- "I don't get out much since that Bruce Jenner shit came on."